What Are Our Campaigns?
Each branch of AAA is tasked with developing outcome driven campaigns. As our vision states AAA brings about developing common issues so that these are effectively and collectively represented with all sides of government.
This is the reason why AAA has been successful in the projects and campaigns it takes on. Each campaign and project comes with its own process and will require extensive consultation with the relevant communities and stakeholders. Support and assistance is sought with various political representatives in providing resourcing, advice, endorsement and public attention.
In the period of 2013 – 2016, AAA, AAAWF , MAAA, AAuRA and AAAYL have coordinated campaigns. All are looking towards delivering outcomes for the medium to long term, and all have been through rigorous consultation process. The following are the projects and campaigns AAA and its branches have coordinated and continue to today:
- Project 18C
- Asian Australian Heritage Month
- Saving the “Safe Schools Program”
- AAAWF Domestic Violence Initiative
- AAAYL Student and Working Rights Network
- Leadership, Empowerment and Professional Development
- Racial Discrimination
- Piercing the Bamboo Ceiling
- Recognition of Asian Australian Women in Decision Making Bodies
- Asian Australian events connection network
- Asian Australian Film Festival
- Vote YES to Marriage Equality
- Asian Australian Heroes – Past and Present
- Asian Australian events links/connections
For more information on how you can support or be involved in any of the AAA, AAAWF, AAuRA, MAAA and AAAYL campaigns, please visit each of their pages and the contact details of the Convener responsible will be listed.